Welcome to La Vista de Queretaro – The Bed & Breakfast – of Bill & Jacki Dahl – Your Casa to Explore Central Mexico!
We are pleased to offer referral accommodations for Bed & Breakfast guests at our home in Santiago de Queretaro, Mexico. Please use the links embedded herein to access additional resources. We cannot accept reservations until the pandemic is officially under control in 2021.
We have two bedrooms with double (matrimonial) beds and one full bathroom, dedicated to our guests. Each room accommodates two people. Please inquire if you have more than four. Each suite is equipped with large closets. Our guests must be referred by others we know, or former guests who have enjoyed their stay with us. These accommodations are not open to the general public and are not advertised on sites like VRBO or AirBnB.
Unfortunately, our accommodations are NOT amenable for mobility impaired guests (due to stairs etc.). Guest rooms are located on the 2nd floor of the home. We travel and will do our best to accommodate reserving your accommodations on the dates you require. Not recommended for children under 10 years old. (We can discuss).
Our home is located in a gated/secure community on a bluff facing west – above the city of Santiago de Queretaro. Elevation is 6,343 feet above sea level. It is about US $3.50 for a 15 minute UBER ride from our B&B to the center of the city (Centro). We are situated in the Lomas del Marques/Mirador del Campanario area above the city. We have a ground floor patio and garden area (with seating, lighting and wi-fi) and a rooftop terraza (with seating, BBQ, sink, water, wi-fi and lighting) with views of spectacular sunsets, the Aqueduct of Queretaro and the sparkling city lights below. We have exquisite palms and lime trees offering fresh limes for your beverages. In addition, you are welcome to use our state of the art clothes washer & dryer. If you like to cook, you are welcome to use our well-appointed kitchen.
Essential services are located in our neighborhood (within 5 blocks — restaurants (FANTASTIC), groceries, pharmacies, hair salons, nails, massage, spa, dentists, doctors, etc.). UBER Eats and others deliver meals to the property if desired.
About Santiago de Queretaro:
Queretaro is commonly referred to as the safest state in Mexico. The city of Queretaro is also hailed as one of the cleanest in Mexico. Queretaro is a city of approximately 1 million residents. The historic center of the city is one of the most attractive in all of Mexico. History, culture, shopping, sightseeing, cuisine – you name it – Queretaro has it all.
Located in the center of Mexico, Querétaro is bordered in the north by the state of San Luis Potosí, in the west by the state of Guanajuato, to the east by the state of Hidalgo, in the southeast by Estado de México, and to the southwest by the state of Michoacán.
Queretaro is the hub for exploring central Mexico. Day trips to San Miguel de Allende, Bernal, Tequisquiapan and San Juan del Rio are all popular destinations to savor – within 60 minutes driving from La Vista de Queretaro. The Sierra Gorda Biosphere (National Park) is a 2 hour drive from Queretaro (plan to spend several days enjoying this incredible region). However, you can spend 7 complete days exploring the city of Santiago de Queretaro!
Airport Code is QRO. Queretaro is an international airport. The QRO airport website: www.aiq.com.mx. From the airport, it is a 55 minute drive to La Vista de Queretaro. Taxi service to our B&B is available at the airport. You can also fly into Mexico City (MEX) or Leon (BJX). The QRO bus terminal is 20 minutes from us. Bus service in Mexico is outstanding and cost-effective. Use Primera Plus or ETN luxury bus services. Flights from QRO to Cancun depart daily and are one hour in duration. Mexico City is a 3+ hour drive from Queretaro (traffic and date dependent).
La Vista de Queretaro – Amenities
($ = extra charge):
- Secure private parking
- Gated community entry
- Quality linens
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Bottled Water
- FREE Wi-Fi throughout the B&B
- Rooftop terraza with 180 degree western view.
- Manicured gardens
- Evening lighting
- Bi-lingual private driver services ($)
- Tourism/Sightseeing recommendations
- Maps ($)
- Tour guide services ($)
- Referrals to superb relocation service providers ($)
- Referrals to TRUSTED Real Estate Professionals – Rent/Buy and Relocation Services ($)
- Central location
- Laundry services ($)
- Beverages ($)
- Personal travel safety considerations.
- NO in-room television.
- Common area refrigerator with ice.
- Breakfast – pastries, fruit juice, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee & tea
NOTE: We have two Golden Labradors that live here (Rocky is 15 months and Reno is two and a half years – they are genetic brothers and adorably affectionate). Guest pets will be considered on a case by case basis – as determined by Reno and Rocky (and their mom). If you are not a dog lover, we wish you the best finding other accommodations.
$$$ & Other Considerations:
- Referrals/Recommended Guests ONLY.
- Reservations REQUIRED.
- $45 per night per room – Minimum stay – two consecutive nights.
- Maximum stay – thirty consecutive days.
- Payment is in U.S. dollars, Canadian dollars or MX pesos upon check-in. No Checks or Credit Cards.
- ($) services/goods above are extra and paid daily in MX pesos or to an independent service provider.
- Cancellation Policy – None.
- Allergies, Emergency Contact Info, Medical Considerations etc. PLEASE inform us.
- If you travel while staying with us for 3 or more days outside Queretaro – yet – plan to return – talk to us. We have attempted to price your accommodations with us very reasonably so if you decide to travel to other cities overnight, it will not be a financial burden for your required lodging at the destination you decide to explore.
Colonial Mexico (pdf)
Contact us through those who have our contact info or this website.