March 6, 2020
Traduccion al espanol:
We hereby submit this letter of SINCERE thanks – along with suggestions for improvements in our neighborhood – which we experienced last night during a life threatening emergency that occurred to a guest in our home in Lomas del Marques.
Never – in our lives – have we witnessed two paramedics exercise such dynamic professionalism. Your Departments and our City should be VERY PROUD of these two highly trained and uniquely qualified and competent emergency services professionals. These two men should receive written commendations for their professionalism and competence. Their swift and coordinated action saved the life of a precious guest in our home this evening. PLEASE recognize these two men for the professional and effective manner in which they represent your Department, The City of Queretaro, and Mexico. We need more superior men like this in the emergency services profession. They deserve official, formal, written Departmental commendations.
Our friend and guest in our home (Mercedes ) had a truly life threatening emergency last night – an allergic reaction to medicine that caused her to lose consciousness, her tongue swelled blocking her airway, and her throat was swelling shut. So we had to call your paramedics where response time was critical!!!
We want to see a copy of a written commendation for paramedics Marco and Jose that their Chief authors and puts in their personnel files. As we said – their prompt and uniquely professional approach truly saved the life of our guest. As a resident of Queretaro, we are PROUD to realize first-hand the fantastic training of our emergency services personnel – as exemplified by Marco and Jose. They truly worked as team partners in a collaborative and cooperative manner – with our friend Andrea Easlick (a Spanish speaker) who assisted with 911 and your paramedics in our home last night. Queretaro needs 100 more just like them…and the budgetary allocation to make this a reality for the health and welfare of all citizens of Queretaro!
We need your help with several things we learned last night regarding our neighborhood here in Lomas del Marqués and QRO EMERGENCY SERVICES:
- The street signs in our Lomas Del Marqués neighborhood are either missing or in such bad shape first responders cannot see what street they are on (especially in the dark). This street signage MUST BE REPLACED throughout our neighborhoods. Please contact City of QRO and make this happen for us. PLEASE! Our friend Mercedes had a truly life threatening emergency last night – So we had to call your paramedics where response time was critical!!!
- Paramedics (and visitors and delivery drivers) get confused where Lomas del Marqués #1039 is on digital maps as two adjacent streets are BOTH named Avenida Villa del Villar del Águila. Our street where the entrance to our condominio’s are is designated on digital maps as “Closed.” So this fact unnecessarily delayed their arrival in a life threatening emergency. Proper street signs are missing to help guide first responders to our neighborhood! There is ongoing development around our neighborhood (in Mirador del Campanario, another 80 home development currently under construction, and an 800 home planned development bordering Mirador del Campanario).
- Once the ambulance got onto our street last night (Avenida Villa del Villar del Águila) – the identification sign for our security gated Lomas del Marqués # 1039 condominium complex (29 homes) is NOT adequate for emergency services personnel to recognize quickly. We need FUNCTIONAL SIGNS at our entrance – life and death may depend on it!!! (As well as every housing community in QRO). The absence of these signs unnecessarily delayed the life-saving emergency services last night. The paramedics said this signage for OUR COMMUNITY should also be illuminated at NIGHT to assist first responders in rapid identification of their entry point.
- Emergency services personnel from Queretaro (Fire and Paramedics) MUST HAVE SECURITY GATE ACCESS TO LOMAS DEL MARQUÉS # 1039 from the OUTSIDE STREET – As we were required to stop CPR and go open the security gate from the inside to let them in. This MUST BE a City-wide requirement for ALL (existing and future) gated communities to allow prompt emergency access for first responders. Lives depend upon compliance with this fundamental reality.
- Overgrown and un-maintained vacant lots with dry vegetation are fire hazards in and around Lomas del Marques neighborhoods. Owners of these lots must be identified and advised to clean them up to eliminate fire hazards and insect infestation.
The paramedics last night were two of the MOST PROFESSIONAL AND COMPETENT my wife and I have ever seen in any nation. They truly saved Mercedes life.
We, as citizens of Queretaro, need your help! If we may ask – we ask you as CHIEF’s – to intervene and advocate with the appropriate City Departments to both identify and eliminate existing threats to public safety and eliminate any obvious life-saving obstacles that our first responders encounter in our neighborhood – and our City –so they can be FIXED IMMEDIATELY!
This is no exaggeration. Mercedes almost lost her life last night due to these deficiencies in our Lomas del Marqués neighborhood.
Gracias FERNANDO and Charlie!!! – and Jose and Marco!!!! We are so VERY GRATEFUL!!!! Yet – we must learn from each situation and make the essential, common sense improvements to eliminate obstacles and enhance the efficiency and welfare of our first responders like Marco and Jose – and the lives of the citizens you and yours are dedicated to protect!
We invite you BOTH to our home in Lomas del Marques Next week to tour our neighborhood and observe these opportunities for improvement in Lomas del Marques first-hand.
Queretaro First Responders ROCK!!!
Bill & Jacki Dahl
Lomas del Marques
QRO, MX 76146
Traduccion al espanol:
Nunca, en nuestras vidas, hemos sido testigos de dos paramédicos que ejercen una profesionalidad tan dinámica. Sus departamentos y nuestra ciudad deben ser MUYORGULLOSO de estos dos profesionales de servicios de emergencia altamente capacitados y excepcionalmente calificados y competentes. Estos dos hombres deben recibir elogios escritos por su profesionalismo y competencia. Su acción rápida y coordinada salvó la vida de un invitado precioso en nuestro hogar esta noche. POR FAVOR, reconozca a estos dos hombres por la manera profesional y efectiva en la que representan a su Departamento, la Ciudad de Querétaro y México. Necesitamos hombres más superiores como este en la profesión de servicios de emergencia. Se merecen elogios oficiales, formales.